Image from Google
Threading is an ancient hair removal method that has been used by the people of Arabia and South Asia. A special thread is used to remove hair from the roots. This is a technique that requires skill and practice to prevent the client from feeling any pain. It has become increasingly popular in recent years because of its many benefits.
1. Threading is a lot less messier than waxing and tweezing.
2. It is less painful and more effective on sensitive areas such as the upper lip and eyebrows.
3. Unlike waxing, which can damage or peel the skin, threading is completely safe and does not harm the skin in any way.
4. Threading is the cheaper method, by far! I pay just $3 every time I go.
5. Threading also allows for less mistakes , especially when it comes to the eyebrows. Since each hair is pulled out individually, the threader has much better control over how the brow is shaped.
After I heard about threading a few years ago, I tried it and I have not gone back to waxing again. I never worry about my eyebrows coming out pencil-thin or receiving little burns from the wax being too hot (I really don't miss those days.) And you can’t beat paying $3 for nicely shaped eyebrows. Also, it is great for people with sensitive skin or Retin-A and Accutane users.
I know a few people who have also had their upper lip, chin and underarm threaded with great results. But, I have not worked up the courage to get anything else done besides my eyebrows.
Have you tried threading?If not, what is your hair removal method of choice?
For other hair removal tips and tricks, check out this great site: www.hairremoval.org