Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Have You Had Your Aloe Vera Today?


As a child, I remember scowling in disgust as my grandmother mixed up a rather bitter concoction of aloe vera and orange juice for me to drink.  As I grew older, I became more aware of the many benefits of the aloe vera plant.  When ingested in juice form, aloe vera can help with:

  • Immune system support
  • Weight and energy levels
  • Anti-inflammatory support
  • Relief from irritable bowel issues
  • Healthy digestion
  • Skin problems such as eczema and acne
I drink aloe vera juice about twice a week ( when I remember) and I can definitely attest to its healing properties. When I am consistent with it, my skin is definitely clearer and glowing!  I guess grandma was on to something. 


 Have you had your aloe vera today?

3 comments:

  1. If the aloe juice you are taking tastes bitter that means it is whole leaf. Companies make whole leaf because it is cheap to produce, throw leaf in juicer. The downside is the process includes the skin which is full of all sorts of nasty things which reduces the effectiveness of why you are taking it in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is one company that sells 100% pure aloe vera gel to drink. They separate the outer leaf and only bottle the gel. They freeze it to preserve freshness because there is nothing added to preserve it. Check out http://www.aloe1.com for only the gel in a bottle. The skin has the the bitter stuff in it and too much of it can actually be dangerous. But the gel is super nutrition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the past I've used aloe vera on cuts and minor burns... but never knew it could be ingested via drinks. Thanks for this!

    New Follower! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila