Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Stomach Vacuum

Credit: Google Images


I've been hearing that just getting on the ground and doing tons of crunches is not the best route to acheive those washboard abs.  I opt for running, Pilates and yoga instead.  They provide your body with overall toning while helping you to tighten your core. Another good ab routine is the Stomach Vacuum.  I first heard about it on the Long Haircare Forum and I decided to try it out. I'm already seeing great results!Bodybuilders and professional trainers have been using this exercise for years. Here’s how it works:


1.Inhale until your lungs are full.


2.While slowly exhaling, try bring your belly button towards your spine.


3.Once you feel your sides tighten, hold the position for 10 seconds.


4.Exhale. This is one repetition.



 This is an exercise that works your inner muscles in your abs, called the transverse abdominus muscles. These muscles are essential but are usually not worked when doing crunches.  Repittion is the key to seeing results.  I've started doing this exercise at least once a day whenever I remember and I do about 10 reps.  You can even do it while driving or sitting at your desk.

After a few more weeks, maybe I will post some pics of my results! What types of ab/ core exercises work best for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila