Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Remembering Maya Angelou

I was so surprised to learn of the passing of world famous poet and author, Dr. Maya Angelou when I turned on my computer this morning.  Ever since I read "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" as a child, I have loved listening to this great woman speak and have read any of her books that I could get my hands on. Even as an adult, her words of encouragement and courage have given me strength throughout different times in my life.

Her life and words taught me to push forward through any obstacle, to love being born a woman, and to always believe in the better to come.

Another beautiful angel has been called home but, her words will live on forever.  Thank you for using your life to lift others up.


 What are your favorite Maya Angelou quotes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila