Friday, May 29, 2009

Looking For a Great Read?



I have always loved reading but, due to the demands of life I have been unable to read all of the books I would like to. I am currently reading "You Can't Keep a Good Woman Down" by Alice Walker. Someone purchased the book for me last year when I was going through a very tumultous time in my life and I am just now getting the opportunity to sit down every few days and read it.

This book is a collection of short stories about women who are oppressed but not defeated. Each woman is not letting her situation keep her down for too long. They are picking up the pieces and learning from choices made. The stories deal with love, lust, fame, abortion, rape and friendship. I would definitely recommend this book to all women. We have all dealt with one or more of the topics in this book or know someone who has. This book really helped me to gain some understanding into why things sometimes happen the way they do and it is also good to see how someone else dealt with the same issues I have dealt with. If you are looking for an inspirational read, "You Can't Keep A Good Woman Down" should definitely be on your list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila