Monday, August 31, 2009

The Benefits of Flaxseed Oil

I first heard about flaxseed oil on my Long Haircare forum. A lot of the members took it to alleviate dandruff and for healthy, shiny hair. Ever since then, I must say that flaxseed oil is a must-have for me. I have to take it everyday!

After doing further research, I found out that flaxseed oil is loaded with good things for the human body. It has an abundance of alpha-linolenic acid, (ALA), an essential fatty acid that is necessary for the body to function properly. Flaxseed oil also has generous amounts of B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, lecithin, zinc and protein. Flaxseed oil will not only help to maintain good health, but is often used to provide relief and improvement for a variety of health conditions. It also contains Omega 3-6-9 fatty acids which can help prevent heart attack, lower blood pressure and alleviate diabetic symptoms.

The healthy fats in flaxseed oil are great for the skin and can help you keep that youthful glow. Flaxseed oil helps the cells in the skin retain moisture, keeping them plump and healthy. It can also prevent the cells from getting clogged, making it a helpful treatment for acne. Flaxseed oil works from the inside out, so for healthy skin, the best way is to take flaxseed in capsules or oil form.

I can attest to the difference in the way my hair and skin look and feel after taking 1 to 2 teaspoons of flaxseed oil daily. The results are really amazing!!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you've convinced me! I've got to try the Flaxseed oil--I think my husband has a bottle of it somewhere :) Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAY! LOL I know you will be pleased:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to take flaxseed oil is in a smoothie if you make one. A friend gave me this tip a few years ago and this is how I usually took mine when I took it regularly. Throw some frozen fruit in a processor+flaxseed oil = great summer drink :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila