Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Put the Lid down on Germs


As a self-professed germaphobe, I am always sanitizing and wiping down things.  I've been labeled as having OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder) by friends and family members but, I like to think that I am just extra cautious about germs and bacteria. 

I was watching the show, The Doctors, the other day and they were talking about reasons why you should put down the lid on your toilet before flushing.  According to Charles Gerba, PhD, a professor of microbiology at University of Arizona in Tucson, make sure the lid on your toilet is down before flushing. "Polluted water vapor erupts out of the flushing toilet bowl and it can take several hours for these particles to finally settle -- not to mention where," he says. "If you have your toothbrush too close to the toilet, you are brushing your teeth with what's in your toilet."

I almost had a panic attack thinking about all the times I flushed the toilet without putting the lid down first! I literally felt ill and immediately purchased a new toothbrush that same day.


Do you put the lid down before flushing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila