Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Memorial Day Weekend recap

How was your Memorial day weekend?  Mine was pretty uneventful, unfortunately.  My plans of getting out and shaking a tail feather were quickly diffused after having to work my other job on Sunday and Monday.  Also, I had school work to get caught up on and some much needed sleep to fit in at some point.

I did manage to head out to the West Indian Day Festival held here in Atlanta, Ga.  My mother is Jamaican and my father is from Trinidad so, I do try to attend this event every year and represent! I love being amidst all of the Caribbean music, food and people.


Here I am buying a bracelet that said 'Trinidad' on it from one of the vendors.



The yummy funnel cake.  I also bought some curry goat and rice and peas while I was there.  It was so good! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila