Saturday, January 26, 2013

Birth Control Woes

I came across this Youtube video about the link between a low sex drive and the birth control pill and decided to share with you ladies.  I was on the "pill"  for years off and on, and I can attest to the fact that it can lower your sex drive.  Now this can be good or bad, depending on your situation of course (it wouldn't be a bad thing for me right about now!).

 The one side effect that I hated was the crazy mood swings...yikes!  I didn't know if I was coming or going sometimes. I was on birth control to help regulate my cycles more because I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) but, after some research I think that it was doing my body more harm than good.


Have you noticed any side effects from taking birth control pills?


1 comment:

  1. First of all, I want to say thanks for commenting on my blog post, it led me to finding your amazing blog!

    I just started taking birth control pills this month and I have definitely been going through some major mood swings. I know that there isn't one pill for everyone, that it takes time to find the right one for each person's body, but I wasn't expecting this. Thank you for posting this Youtube video, I'd never seen it and it was an interesting watch!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila