Friday, September 27, 2013

Sippin' on Herbal Teas



  It may have something to do with growing up in a Caribbean family but, I drink hot herbal tea almost every day.  Some people love their coffee, I love my tea.  There are so many different teas out there, you can sip on something different every day if you wanted. For me, a hot cup of tea can be so comforting after a hellified (is that a word?) day! Herbal teas  can also have many benefits that many people may not be aware of.  My personal favorites are:

- Sleepytime- helps with relaxation and sleep at night
- Chamomile- helps to calm your nerves 
- Peppermint- helps with digestion

For the past week, I have been drinking detox tea to help get rid of some toxins.  About 2 weeks ago, I started to pig out on ice cream and candy, and I felt all out of sorts! I was so sluggish, I gained 5 pounds in one week (very unusual for me) and my skin was breaking out like crazy.  All telltale signs that I needed a mild detox.  My body was so not used to all that sugar and fat in such a short time frame.  I went on to the store, picked a box up and have been sippin' on this for a week straight.  The instructions say that you can drink it every day for up to 30 days, and then take a break for a week.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila