Thursday, October 24, 2013

Check Your Tatas!


As most of us know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I personally know women very dear to me who are breast cancer survivors and others who have lost the fight to this terrible disease.  This has made me want to become much more aware of the risk factors and symptoms associated with breast cancer.

I'm rockin' pink nails this week (Pinking of You by OPI) in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month
I am still a few short years from being 40 but, I know that it is never too early to start doing self-checks and educating myself on how to reduce my risk.  I came across these helpful charts that show you what to look for and how to correctly perform a breast self-exam.

How to do a self breast check:

 via source


Signs/symptoms that something may be wrong:

via source

Resources to get education about breast cancer,  to donate to breast cancer research, and more:

Don't forget to check your tatas every month and tell the women in your life to do the same.  It could save a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila