Monday, October 28, 2013

Green Juice Gives Me Wings


The Mr. has been on a juicing kick recently and I'm reaping the benefits! I've been drinking fresh green juice every morning for the past week and I've noticed that I have so much more energy during the day. A few weeks ago, I was feeling so depleted and drained(I blamed it on working with rambunctious kids every day) and now I have life again! No, but really I feel like a brand new chick.

Here's what I had this morning:




Recipe:

-3 to 5 stalks of celery
- 1 apple
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 3 handfuls of spinach


I'll be honest, too much green in my juice makes me want to gag sometimes so, I like my juices a little sweeter than how this turned out (3 parts veggies to 2 parts fruit is my preference).  Next time I will add an additional fruit like pineapple, mango or banana.  I'm just thankful for the extra pep in my step! 

How green do you like your smoothies/juices?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila