Thursday, January 9, 2014

Simplistic Chic Fitness Feature: Christy Joy

This week’s Fitness Feature is Christy Joy.  I first saw her video on IG where she was still working out while 7 months pregnant! I was so inspired to step up my fitness game.  If she could stay motivated throughout her pregnancy to stay fit, I had no excuse! And her body just a few weeks after having her third baby could put mine to shame. I had to contact her to find out more about her lifestyle and dedication to fitness. 


image.jpeg

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself!
My name is Christy Joy and I'm 32 years old. I went to college in New York which made me really appreciate my hometown, Pasadena, CA. I'm a a wife and mommy of 3 including our newborn baby girl. When I'm not doing laundry, wiping noses and changing diapers, I love eating and going to the movies with my best friend who also happens to be my husband.

2. What does a typical day for you look like and how do you fit working out and eating healthy into it?
 
A typical day for me looks like mayhem especially since we added a new one to the mix. I fit working out in anywhere I can and sometimes it can take all morning! I've made healthy eating a lifestyle so it doesn't take a lot of thought anymore:-)

3. What advice do you have for women who are new mothers and would like to workout but don't know where to start or just don't feel motivated enough to? 
If you can get in control of your eating you're 80% of the way there. Don't wait until you're disgusted with your level of fitness and eating habits. There's never an easy way to make a change. It takes hard work and dedication. But if anyone knows anything about those two things it's a mom. 

image.jpeg

4.  What is your favorite or most effective exercise? 
Burpees!!! They are a one stop shop for the body.

5. What inspires you each day? 
 Just making it another day inspires me. I feel like God gave us these amazing vehicles called bodies and I want to really maximize its potential.


For workout routines and tips, you can connect with her at:

Instagram: @babyfatboss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila