Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Battle of the Foam Curl Mousses

Hi, loves!  I have been embracing my new cut and also my natural hair by find ways to wear it curly that do not make me feel like I look like a little boy (no, seriously...).  Ever since I got my hair cut, I was wearing it straight and while I was really, really loving it I missed my curls too.

However, I get a lot of shrinkage and I was on pins and needles when I thought about not wearing it straight.  I went online for suggestions and saw where a fellow naturalista raved about Nairobi Foam wrap for her wash-n-go's. Say what?!

It was late and the store was closed already but, I remembered that I still had some Creme Of Nature Argan Oil Style & Shine Foam Mousse 7oz under the sink.  I decided to try it out and prayed that it worked out.


I co-washed my hair with As I Am Coconut Cowash Cleansing Conditioner, 16 Ounce and applied the Creme of Nature mousse all over my hair saturating every strand.  I raked my fingers through, carefully separating my curls and then brushed the sides and back down.  I let my hair air dry over night and just fluffed my hair a little and walked out the door.

My curls were so defined with the right amount of hold and softness.  I love this stuff on my hair!



Fast forward to this week: I was in Target with my honey and I came across this Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Frizz-Free Curl Mousse 7.5oz.  I regularly use Shea Moisture shampoos and conditioners so I picked it up and decided to compare it to my beloved Creme of Nature Style and Shine Mousse.


I do not have any pictures of the after but, I'll just say that I did not get the results I was looking for.  I will say it is probably a good mousse if you have do not have a lot of shrinkage or if you have a looser curl pattern.

I liked how soft and light my curls felt with the Shea Moisture Mousse but, the next day I did not like how undefined my hair was and I had more shrinkage that I would have liked.  For now I'll stick with the Creme of Nature.  I am absolutely in love with my wash-n-go because of this product!

Next on my list to try? Nairobi Wrapp-It Shine Foaming Lotion, 8 Ounce


What do you use for your wash-n-go's?  Have you had luck with any foam mousses/lotions?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for this review. I was looking for a comparison for these two

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila