Wednesday, January 14, 2015

{Guest Post} DIY Detoxifying Clay Masque

by Scarlett of Wonder Curl
image
Sundays are my spa day and giving myself facials is always on the top of my list of pampering. After much research into ingredients as well as banging around my pantry to see what I have, I created this recipe that I think will do the trick.
The main ingredient in this DIY face mask is Bentonite clay. Bentonite has many benefits and when mixed with water and applied to the skin’s surface, its molecules become charged and draw out toxins from beneath the skin. It’s perfect for acne prone skin. It includes Lavender which is known to be anti-inflammatory and stimulates circulation. Almond meal is used to exfoliate and a few capsules of activated charcoal has purifying properties.
image
image
You will need:
2-3 tbsp Bentonite Clay
1 tbsp Ground Dried Lavender
1 tbsp Almond Meal
3-4 capsules of Activated Charcoal

You’ll want to use a plastic or wooden spoon when handling the ingredients as the clay and charcoal have electrical attraction. When you’re ready to use, just scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture and mix with water to make a paste. If you’re looking to be extra special, use rose water which has tons of benefits.
image
Add ribbon, a tag and even a pendant and it makes a great gift!
image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila