Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Super Vitamin

Hey loves!  Now that we are officially in the winter months (it was BRICK here in Atlanta this morning with a temperature of sixteen degrees!), I have been upping my intake of fresh veggies, fruits, and vitamins.  If you want to keep those dreaded cold and flu bugs at bay, vitamins and fresh foods are essential.

One vitamin that I make sure to supplement with each day is vitamin D.  If I take nothing else, I take this one!  Whether you get it from the sun (the best source), foods (such as salmon and mushrooms), or vitamin supplements, this is a must-have for a healthier you.


My mom has been on me about taking vitamin D but, I did not really take it seriously until my doctor called me telling me that I needed to start taking 2000 i.u, of the vitamin every day.  More recently, I have been reading about all of the benefits to taking this super vitamin.

Here are just a few:

-bone health
-Helps with weight loss
-can help keep those winter blues away (when taken regularly, I notice a difference in my bouts with depression)
-boosts the immune system
-linked to prevention of many types of cancer
- helps to regulate blood sugar (this is especially important for a pre-diabetic like myself)

Get your vitamin D in every day, folks.  Your body will thank you in more ways than one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila