Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Something for Your Soul


Nothing speaks to my soul more than some smooth, feel good, inspirational music. Whether I am in deep thought, need a pick-me-up or feeling on cloud nine the first thing I want to do is pull out my CD collection or go to I-tunes. I really believe that music was a gift to us from God. He knew the impact good music would have on our spirits and minds.

It is amazing to me how certain songs and types of music have the ability to evoke so many different emotions. Have you ever heard a song that you have not listened to in years and instantly you can remember so vividly where you were in life when that song first came out? Or have you listened to a song and just broke down in tears? I know this has happened to me on numerous occasions . Music really does do something for your mind and soul.

Recently, I conducted my own experiment where I only listened to old school music(Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Anita Baker, Al B. Sure) , jazz and gospel for two weeks straight. I felt so different mentally, it's hard to put into words. I was much more optimistic and confident than usual. My spirit felt so calm, inspired and renewed! Of course, I sometimes listen to some rap (gotta love Common and JayZ), but I find myself listening to mostly old school rap and a select few newer rap songs. Next time you are feeling down or need something to soothe your mind, try listening to something smooth like Jill Scott, Kem or Al Green. It will do wonders for your soul. Here is a personal favorite of mine, hit play and enjoy!



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila