Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009-- My List of Gratitude

As 2009 comes to a close, like most people, I am naturally inclined  to think about all of the goals still unfulfilled and mistakes made throughout the year. Then sitting down with pen and paper to make a long list of resolutions for the upcoming year. How depressing! 

This New Year's Eve, I have decided to reflect on all of the things I am most grateful for.  I am beginning to learn the power of gratitude and recognizing all of the positive aspects of my life instead of the negative. While I can not deny the fact that 2009 has been a year of TREMENDOUS changes (some good and some not so good) in my life, I know that through it all I have so much to be thankful for.


1. My health-- The saying, "If you have your health, you have everything" is so true, I have witnessed various family members and friends go through cancer and other diseases, who have still remained positive and hopeful through the pain and treatment this year.  I know I have to be so grateful that I am not in a hospital bed with any life-threatening health problems.


2. Love--I am ever so thankful for real, genuine, unscripted, unconditional, pure l♥ve in my life!! It is the greatest feeling in the world to know the love of God, to finally learn how to love myself and experience true love.  Love really does conquer all.  Such a wonderful gift!

3. Wisdom--Through all of the trials this year, I feel like I have gained unbelievable wisdom. There were times when I felt like I did not have the strength to endure certain situations and I made it through.  Although, everything did not always turn out like I would have liked it to, I know that it all happened just as it was supposed to.  I have obtained wisdom and strength beyond measure and for this I am most grateful.

My only New Year's resolution is to always be positive, exercise more faith, work towards my dreams and to always count my blessings..

What are you most grateful for in 2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila