Wednesday, June 2, 2010

National Running Day is Today!

 Photo credit: Google images

Today, June 2nd,  is National Running Day and I love the idea!  I have always loved running and even ran track in high school and college.  It offers so many benefits for your body!  They include:

1. Prevention of muscle and bone loss.  Running definitely kept my legs looking right!

2.  Helps with healthy weight maintenance

3. Disease prevention-- running has been proven to reduce the risk of getting diabetes, breast cancer, stroke and heart disease.

4. Stress relief--running helps to release endorphins which help to give you a "runner's high".  Runners often experience fewer mood swings and bouts with depression.  I can honestly say that when I was running consistently, I was rarely down for long periods of time.

Starting today I am going to start back running at least 3 times a week.  My body was in the best shape back when I was running track and I want to definitely get back to that.  Now all I have to do is find a running partner or a trainer and some great running shoes.  Of course, this is all easier said than done and can be quite a task but I'm determined.

Do you enjoy running?  If so, how often do you go and do you run by yourself or with someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila