Monday, December 10, 2012

My Birthday Weekend Catastrophe


This past Sunday, I turned 32! I could be down about being a year closer to hitting 40 but, I won't.  I feel great and I work pretty hard at making sure I look half way decent (*toots my own horn*) so, I'm in good spirits about another birthday coming around.  I'm blessed and beyond grateful for all of my experiences, joys and challenges thus far.

I decided to add some color to my hair for my birthday weekend and sadly, I was so disappointed! I went to my hairstylist, whom I have been going to for the past 10 years.  I told him I just wanted the front done and I didn't specify what shade I wanted because he has never steered me wrong in the past.(I will never make that mistake again.)

After the shampoo assistant rinsed my hair out and I looked in the mirror, I was nearly in tears! I looked a ghetto mess! The color was WAY too blonde and I was beyond unhappy with it.  I expressed my concern with the stylist and he said it was because my hair was still wet and that I just wasn't used to it yet.  A part of me wanted to believe him so I let it go.

This is what it  looked like:


Hot mess!!


I went home and looked at it some more.  I knew for a fact that I could not keep my hair like that the whole weekend, and I was definitely not going to work looking like that. So, I called up another stylist I knew and got the color corrected the next day.  I was happy with the results and thankful that he could correct it because I was contemplating cutting my hair real short to get rid of that mess! I guess that's what I get for wanting a change.  Despite the hair fiasco, my birthday was great!

After the second stylist saved me and my hair:



Have you ever experienced a hair disaster?

3 comments:

  1. you have a lot of hair...and i thought both looked pretty decent - but what do i know. have a wonderful year and 40 isn't all that bad...trust me on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nylse! I still think I looked a mess! Lol. I'm still not 100% satisfied with my color but, it is much better!

      Delete
  2. Initially when you first tweeted the "before" photo, I didn't think it looked bad because it was from the side, but now I do see that from the front, it was too bright for your skin color.

    I definitely think the "after" is ROCKIN'!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila