Saturday, December 1, 2012

Out With the Old, In With the New

For the past few weeks, or the past few months really, I have been wanting to try new styles on my natural hair.  I find myself getting bored with it and feeling plain Jane and that's a big no-no for me.  

Last week, I attempted an updo inspired by one of my favorite Youtube vloggers, MsVaughntv.  She is one half of the Monroe sisters, who have taken the natural hair world by storm. 

The deets on the hair:
1.  I washed and conditioned my hair with Aveda Damage Remedy products (my hair loves this stuff!).  
2. Then I sat under my trusty Huetiful steamer to get some added conditioning and moisture in my hair.  
3. I did small twists out my hair using Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and Ecostyler gel.
4. In the morning, I took the twists down and pinned the back up.  

The finished product:




It didn't come out quite as nice as MsVaughn but, I was pleased with the outcome! Excuse the tired face and fake smile. I was feeling very sick that day.  

What new things will you be doing to your hair? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila