Sunday, June 16, 2013

Celebrating Father's Day! Great Men Still Exist


I feel extra emotional this Father's day because I am just so grateful to have my father here and to be able to still talk and laugh with him.  He has always been there for me and as a little girl I felt like my dad would go to the moon and back for me if he had to.  I see what a great husband he is to my mom and the sacrificing father and grandfather he has been throughout the years.  He also organizes community service events and works tirelessly to help those in need.

He was recently diagnosed with cancer and had to have emergency surgery ( a few months ago) and it was one of the scariest times of my life.  While I tried to stay positive, the thought that I could possibly lose my dad really frightened me.  Prayers have been answered and my dad is recovering well and does not have to get chemo right now.  God is so good!

Happy Father's day to my father, who showed me what a good man looks like and to all of the fathers who step up and take responsibility for the blessings they have been given!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila