Sunday, June 16, 2013

Workout Updates: Pop Squats

Here's one of the exercises I'm doing today on this beautiful Sunday-- pop squats! Pop squats are a great leg exercise that work quads, calves, hamstrings, glutes and inner thighs. I saw this exercise while on Instagram, posted by the beautiful Massy (follow her at @mankofit on Instagram and Twitter).  Her body is so serious and I said if this is what she does, I have to try it!



Benefits of Pop Squats

1. Intense cardio & toning exercise
2. Tones legs
3. Indirectly works core

How To Do Pop Squats:

1. Use a chair, bench, or squat box
2. Sit first with knees at 90 degrees & feet apart
3. Press down through your heels and hips
4. In the standing position jump your feet together
5. Jump feet apart, press out hips & sit

Modification: do it without a bench or box , just pop jump , squat down , and pop back up!

*I hold (2) 10lb. weights on my shoulders while doing them but, you can do them without weights if you are just starting out. 

Read more at http://web.stagram.com/n/mankofit/?npk=473057737126617736_3807983#m7O3t7yywyPTARIe.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila