Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Trying Something New

Hi, loves!  I decided to try a bantu knot out for the first time this week because I just needed to try something new.  I started on dry hair that was from an old twistout.  I lightly spritzed my hair with water, detangled with my fingers and used Cantu Leave-in conditioning cream on each section of hair before making the bantu knot.

I was a little nervous about trying these because I was taking them out in the morning right before work and I didn't want to be looking crazy!  They turned out pretty well for my first try but, I think next time I will do them on freshly washed and blowdried hair so that the texture of my hair will be smoother.

Here's how they looked that morning:


By the end of the day, they were not defined at all thanks to the Georgia humidity but they were cute while they lasted.

I watched the beautiful MahoganyCurl's Youtube video tutorial to help me out.  Check it out!


2 comments:

  1. That's my struggle with bantu knots. They make the cutest and biggest curls until the humidity kicks in. I've always done them on freshly washed hair, but I might have to try them on an old twist-out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jaz! Yep, the humidity made every curl I had go poof! Lol

      Delete

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila