Sunday, May 11, 2014

A Special Mother's Day Wish

Happy Mother's Day to all of the hardworking, sacrificing, unconditionally-loving mothers out there! Today is your day and I hope that you are made to feel loved and appreciated.

I want to take a moment to also recognize the women who so desperately want to be moms, have been dealing with infertility, miscarriage or loss of a child.  I know that  when Mother's Day approaches, I feel that 'no-so-good' feeling coming on--the one where I want to binge on junk food and get all in my feelings, turn my ringer on my phone off and cry a little, which is what I did last night.

I could not help but feel some type of way seeing all of the mothers talk and post about their children and how blessed they were.  It is the most isolating feeling to want to experience motherhood and still not know why it has not happened for you yet. Or, in my case, to be living with the thoughts and memories of the baby that could have and should have been here today but, he/she is not.  At times, I feel silly about bringing it up because I don't want to be the Negative Nancy casting a dark cloud on what should be a joyous day but, I know that there are other women who feel forgotten and alone every Mother's Day.  So, here's to a day that makes you have good feelings about where you are in life and to feeling like you are enough without being a mother yet.

Be encouraged today, you are loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila