Sunday, May 18, 2014

Maternity Yoga-My Two Newest Obsessions Combined

If you've been a reader of my blog for a while then you already know about my love of everything "baby". I love looking at baby registries, maternity photos, baby photos and I am just so in love with pregnancy, brand new babies and new life in general.

I recently came across these photos of @jlipose on Instagram, and I really have to step my yoga game up so that by the time I blessed with a pregnancy, I will be able to do this! It may be wishful thinking but, hey I'm up for the challenge.  She is about 22 weeks pregnant with her third baby and she is still doing sideplanks, headstands and inversions! I would be a little scared of falling or hurting myself if I did this while preggers but, I think that if you have already perfected it then it would not be difficult. That's why I need to get crackin'.

@jlipose on IG

 Yoga is a great form of fitness and a few years ago when I was doing it consistently my body was much more toned, I was more flexible and I just felt better in my body and spirit overall.  Over the past few months, I have immersed myself in learning about different yoga techniques.  I've seen some women on Instagram doing all of these head stands and inversions, and it has motivated me to start back doing yoga a few times a week and to eventually get strong enough to do these:

@ladydork on IG-- she is something serious!



source

source

I know I have a long way to go before I get to this point but, I really want to do this and I think that it will help me physically and emotionally.  Then one day I will be sharing photos of myself preggo and doing a handstand *wink*.

What do you think about doing these yoga techniques while pregnant? Would you do it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila