Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Inspiration: Finding the Beauty In the Tragedy of Loss



I recently learned of a couple on Instagram who unexpectedly lost their baby boy a few days after birth.  My heart dropped immediately just reading about what they went through.  Amelia Kathryn had a normal pregnancy, labored for twelve hours and then had to have an emergency C-section due to the baby's heart rate suddenly dropping.  After birth, little Landon was placed on life support but, his organs were continuing to fail.  Amelia and her husband documented the entire journey through pics and words....on Instagram, as they were going through it!  From the time he was placed in the NICU and given a dim prognosis until the time that he was taken off life support and she could hold him while he took his last breath, they posted pics.  It was amazing to me that Amelia and her husband were able to share with the world what they were going through and look at the positive amidst such a traumatic circumstance.

Their courage and strength really touched me and I cried and prayed for this couple as if I knew them personally.  Although our situations are not the same, I still know the pain of suddenly experiencing the loss of a baby and it is the most terrible feeling ever.  There is not a day that goes by that I do not think about what could have been.

To all of the mothers who have experienced the loss of a child, you are not alone and your child's spirit is with you always.  To learn more about Amelia's story, you can follow her on Instagram @ameliakyoga.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila