Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Chronicles: My A-Ha Moment

Hi, loves! Do any of you watch SuperSoul Sunday on the OWN channel?  I call it my "get right".  I intimate interviews with authors, actors/actresses and others really help me to gain perspective and encouragement in dealing with the given situation or obstacle of the moment.

This Sunday I watched the interview with the author of The Alchemist, Paulo Coehlo, and I really got the a-ha moments I needed-- a confirmation of sorts from God on which direction I should take.





For the past year or so, I have been grappling with a few things.  Downright agonizing and stressing about. My career plans, relationship, practicing patience, and the list goes on and on.

 One of my most pressing issues is deciding which career path to continue on and figuring out HOW I am going to get there.  One side of me thought that the most practical thing to do would be to continue in education and get my Master's of Education but, another side of me is  so drawn to the public health field.  I had previously applied to a Master's of Public Health program that I was accepted to but, due to some financial setbacks I could not attend.  Talk about discouraged and depressed!

I felt so down (I have even shed a few tears out of frustration) but, I thought that maybe it was a sign that I should pursue Education further.  However, something in me keeps telling me that it is really not what I want long-term.  I have a deep desire for something other than Education....and my heart truly knows it.

There are people close to me who tell me that Education is "safe" and given the economy, I should stay in this field because I will always have a job.

"It will be the best decision right now."

"You're getting older and it will take too much time to pursue another field."

"You can always go after what you want later."

My thoughts? 

When did 33 become "too old"?

Why should I do something I do not feel fully vested in?

What if it works out and my spirit can finally feel fulfilled?

Faith over fear (my life's motto since Jan. 1st).



I'm not sure how I will work out all of the details but, I know and believe that if God placed the dream in my heart He will also provide a way to work it all out perfectly.  It feels scary and it has been difficult for me to go against what others are telling me but, I now know what I need to do and I need to honor the purpose placed within me.

I have not read The Alchemist yet but, it is next on my reading list (right now I'm reading Me Before You by JoJo Mojes).  Seeing this interview this morning has really impacted my life and it was just what I needed.  I feel like a weight that has been so heavy on my spirit has been lifted and I can now move forward a little more confidently.


Have you read The Alchemist? What did you think?

What is your heart telling you to do?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila