Tuesday, December 23, 2014

3 Foods to Help You Stay Fit this Holiday Season

Happy holidays, loves!  From Thanksgiving on into the New Year,  there will be holiday dinners, company parties, and drinks (alcoholic and otherwise *wink*).  With the hustle and bustle of present buying, dealing with family and friends, and traveling, working out and eating healthy often goes out the window.

I'm all for being able to let my hair down a little and enjoying a little Jamaican black cake (my fellow Caribbean massive knows what I am talking about) or some mac and cheese. Life is for living and I like to have a little treat every now and then. The key is to not go overboard.  

I personally like to incorporate different foods that help detoxify or alkalinize the body.  There are numerous ones you can use but, my common three are:

1. Lemons (I squeeze half of a lemon into a cup of warm water)-  
  • purifies the blood 
  • rich source of vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and calcium
  • flushes out toxins
  • aids in digestion


2. Apple Cider Vinegar ( I use the Bragg's Apple Cider vinegar)-
  • rich in enzymes, B vitamins, folic acid and 
  • supports bowel regularity
  • detoxes the body


3. Green juice-
  • made in a blender or juicer, a juice made from fresh fruits and green veggies is chock full of phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals.  
  • the vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals in fresh green juice 
  • can help you have more energy
  • help with digestion 
  • help to mae the body more alkaline

By all means enjoy your holiday season.  Drink, laugh and be in love with life but, do not let this season get you off track from your fitness goals. 


Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila