Thursday, April 16, 2015

PCOS Files: My Current Vitamin Stash



As a thirty-something woman with PCOS who thinks about being able to have healthy babies one day, I feel like I am always looking for new and better ways to get this body of mine in gear.  Honestly, some days it feels like it is all in vain but, I will not give up! I dream of times with regular cycles and that great day when a doctor will say, "Congrats! You're pregnant."  

I have been a little down recently because I didn't get the best news from the doctor last week and it seems like everyone and their mama is either preggo or have just had a baby.  Some days it's downright torture scrolling through social media but, I know that I can't just sit around feeling sorry for myself.  

In addition to eating a much "cleaner", organic diet, I have been throwing in some important vitamins and supplements.  There are currently three vitamins/supplements that I have started to take daily. Vitamin D3, Maca root, and a hair, skin, and nails vitamin are my must-haves every day.  These three are important for women's health especially for women with PCOS (according to my research).

-Vitamin D- this vitamin can help your body in so many ways it has been dubbed "the simple solution to many health problems".  Vitamin D is important for maintaining strong bones, health teeth, and a healthy immune system.  This vitamin is also thought to provide some protection against a number of diseases including cancer. 

-Maca root- this ancient herb is rich is vitamins B, C, and E. Also rich in magnesium, phosphorous, iron, zinc and amino acids, maca root aids in boosting libido in women and men.  It also helps to balance hormones and increase fertility (the main reason I'm taking). I can attest to the fact that it DOES boost libido so, if you are not lacking in that area I would advise that you proceed with caution! 

-Hair, Skin, and Nails vitamins-  the name of this vitamin says it all! Most of us could use more nutrients in our diets that would help with healthy hair growth, glowing skin, and strong nails.  There are many hair, skin, and nails vitamins on the market but, the brand I have been faithful to for the past ten years has been Futurebiotics.  When I take these vitamins regularly and eat a healthy diet, I definitely notice a great difference in my appearance.  

These vitamins contain so many essential vitamins and minerals that you would find in a multi-vitamin that I do not feel the need to take a separate multi-vitamin.  Yay! for one less pill to swallow.    


1 comment:

  1. Social media can be so discouraging when everyone is sharing something that you are longing to have. I was on Maca when conceiving Juicy. I started taking it to potentially fill out a bit and whoa did it increase my libido, hahaha. Good luck on your conception journey. Sending positive vibes and lots of sticky baby dust your way!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila