Friday, May 7, 2010

Ten Great Ways to Celebrate Mom

 Photo Credit: Getty Images

"Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. When you were born, I saw your face and I knew that I was in love. Before you were an hour old, I knew I would die for you. To this day I will. This is the miracle of life."~ Mom

Mother's Day is this Sunday, May 9th and in the past I have been confused and frustrated about what to get my mother. I really do not like all of the "generic" gifts--you know...perfume and body lotion that may never get used.

I saw this list of ten great ways to celebrate Mother's Day by Oprah and I really like quite a few of the ideas.  They really show Mom how greatly she is appreciated! I've come to realize that it's the little things that matter most.


1. Plant a garden
2. Cook her dinner for a change
3. Make mom queen for a day
4. Pamper mom with spa gifts
5. Help her get organized.
6. Make her something with your own two hands
7. Buy a gift that supports moms around the world
8. Give her the perfect read
9. Plan some fun for the whole family
10. Create your own spa girls weekend


To all of the mothers and future moms, have a great weekend! You have the greatest job in the world and you are truly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila