I have been reading about the benefits of burning sage, also called smudging, and decided to finally pull out the Shamans Market White Sage mini smudge stick I got in my Holbox a few months back. I'm not one who is really into such practices, or rituals, if you want to call them that but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try this out after reading about the benefits.
- white sage has been traditionally used when one is feeling low on energy
- to create balance
- to cleanse and purify your home of bad/negative energy
- can have a cleansing effect on the air by increasing the oxygen supply to the brain
- can relax muscle tension
I was unsure how exactly to burn the sage but, I looked online (Google is always my friend) and took the following steps so, that I didn't burn the house down.
1. Light the top of the sage stick bundle- I didn't have to blow it out to prevent the whole thing from catching on fire, the fire went out on its own.
2. I walked into every room and just let the smoke go up, watching it swirl up into amazing little circles that I have never seen before with regular smoke from candles and such.
3. I prayed in each room and just asked for love, clarity, and peace of mind to fill this space and everyone who resides here.
Have you ever tried 'smudging'?