Thursday, August 12, 2010

Smoothies: A Non-Guilty Pleasure



 Smoothies are my addiction! They are a great, delicious way to get in those recommended daily servings of fruits and vegetables.  I drink a high-calorie, protein smoothie after working out, I drink a fruit smoothie in the morning with breakfast and sometimes I will have one after dinner as a healthy dessert.  I have yet to try a green smoothie though ( I've always been afraid of the taste.) Word on the street is that they are very delicious but, I can't imagine drinking spinach or broccoli! I will have to test one out and see.

Here is a recipe for an Energy Booster smoothie from Women's Health Magazine.  The potassium found in bananas, the protein powder and carbs in peanut butter all  give you energy to get through the day. The wheat germ rich in iron, increases oxygen levels to help get you through your daily workouts.


2 frozen bananas, peeled and chopped
2 scoops chocolate protein powder
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp wheat germ
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp honey
3/4 c low-fat Greek yogurt
4 Tbsp skim milk powder ( I would use almond milk instead)
2 cups ice

What's your favorite smoothie recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what your thoughts are. Leave a comment!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila